Summer is not only associated with long days and holiday fun – it is the time of the year when there is an abundance of yummy, fresh foods. Stone fruits have to be the favourite! These beautiful fruits are not only low in fat but are packed full of vitamins and minerals!
Read on to find out more details about these great healthy foods:
- APRICOTS – These tasty fruits are rich in beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is converted into Vitamin A in the body and helps to give the apricots their deep orange colour. Vitamin A is a potent antioxidant and is particularly useful in aiding with protecting the eyes. Most importantly, one apricot is only equivalent to 51 calories, making it a fantastic low-fat snack option.
- CHERRIES – These little red wonders are packed full of goodness! They are rich in Vitamin C, but also contain smaller amounts of Vitamins A and E. All of these vitamins are strong antioxidants, therefore preventing damage by free radicals in your body. Additionally, cherries contain a compound called quercetin – this is also a fantastic antioxidant and studies have shown that quercetin may significantly help to reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease. Finally, gout sufferers may find relief by eating cherries or drinking cherry juice. While there is no scientific proof of this effect, many gout sufferers swear by this very traditional remedy.
- MANGOES – Much like apricots, these fruits are rich in beta-carotene. Also, these beautiful fruits are a great source of fibre, which is important for bowel regulation and helps you to have that ‘full’ feeling much more quickly. The Vitamin C content is also quite high in mangoes.
- LYCHEES – This fruit is quite unusual to look at but fantastic to eat!! Under that hard, spiky exterior lies a juicy flesh which is rich in vitamin C. Better still is how low these delicious fruits are in calories – one Lychee contains only 10 calories! This means that if you are looking for a sweet ‘treat’ a Lychee is a perfect option, WITHOUT adding unnecessary fat.
- IF YOU ENJOY THESE FRUITS (PLUS ALL OF THE OTHERS WHICH ARE IN ABUNDANCE RIGHT NOW) AND YOU ARE CURRENTLY UNDERTAKING A WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMME, ASK YOUR CONSULTANT ABOUT OUR HEALTH AND VITALITY PLAN. THIS FANTASTIC PROGRAMME ALLOWS YOU TO EAT UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF FRUIT THROUGHOUT THE MORNING, HELPING YOU TO STAY HEALTHY AND HAPPY WHILE LOSING WEIGHT!
Call 1300SLIMMER for a FREE no obligation consultation in your nearest clinic – or ‘Stay At Home Program’ call Cora 0458 754 663