The problem with Winter is that it can make you hungrier – and if you are not careful, this is when your increased appetite can lead to an expanding waistline. It’s important to be prepared for this and ensure you eat healthy meals so your appetite is satisfied BUT you are not gaining any extra weight. This is where a slow cooker can become your best friend.
Using a slow cooker usually involves quick preparation and slow cooking time, making it easy for you to have a delicious meal waiting for you and your family at the end of the day.
Benefits of Using a Slow Cooker
- Have a meal at home in the slow cooker eliminates the temptation to order take-away which is often less nutritious and more expensive.
- Slow cookers usually allow one-step preparation. You simply place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and turn it on. This saves preparation and cleanup time.
- Slow cookers are useful throughout the year. Coming in from a cold winter day, the smell of a ready-to-eat casserole is simply amazing. But remember, these also work well for summertime use as they do not heat the kitchen the way an oven might.
- As a result of the long, low-temperature cooking, slow cookers help tenderize less-expensive cuts of meat.
- A slow cooker brings out the flavour in foods. A wide variety of foods can be cooked in a slow cooker, including one pot meals, soups, stews and casseroles.
- A slow cooker uses less electricity than an oven.
If you need some healthy, slow-cooking inspiration, you need to visit The Natural Way. Our Recipe Book has some great soup / stew suggestions, but our trained consultants can give you plenty of slow-cooking inspiration as well. Call 1300 SLIMMER (1300 754663) TODAY to make your FREE appointment at your nearest clinic and learn how you can eat well, feel satisfied and lose weight in Winter.
Visit our website: www.thenaturalway.com.au