December is here and Christmas parties are in full swing. Last week I blogged about the best drink choices you can make while out celebrating (see here: https://loseweightwithsue.wordpress.com/2016/11/29/best-drinks-for-weight-loss-this-festive-season/) , so I want to continue with the theme and pass 10 great strategies you should use to help maintain your weight over the Festive Season.
- Eat a healthy snack before you go to the party, so you’re not starving when you get there.
- Bring a healthy dish to the party, so you’ll know there’ll be at least one option you can eat.
- Check out all the buffet options before you start filling your plate, so you know the best choices before you start piling your plate high.
- When making choices at the buffet, opt for lean proteins and fresh veggies first to fill you up before splurging on a less-healthy option.
- Alternate each alcoholic drink with a glass of water, so you slow down how many empty calories you’re imbibing all night.
- Don’t re-visit the food table – make your selection and walk away so you don’t graze.
- Exercise in the mornings so you aren’t constantly skipping sessions when you have evening Christmas party plans.
- If there’s a dessert you’re dying to try, ask a friend to split it with you.
- Dance! There’s nothing like burning calories while having fun.
- If you find yourself overindulging, don’t beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow’s another day to make smarter choices.
If you need some personalised, expert advice on how you are going to control your weight this Festive Season, then you need The Natural Way! In fact, we have a fabulous Christmas Program that is packed full of tips to keep you on track as well as some healthy menu suggestions for your own party and great weight-loss friendly festive recipes. All this for the small price of $15 AND you receive a $25 voucher to redeem in January 2017. To get your copy of the Christmas Program, ask your The Natural Way consultant or call your nearest clinic on 1300 SLIMMER (1300 754663) today.
Order online at: www.thenaturalway.com.au