So many of us are now housebound due to stay at home restrictions because of the COVID regulations. We have the cupboard and fridge & freezer stacked and ready for the lockdown. But do we comfort eat due to the additional stress and free time? Most of us do.
Most people think that you gain weight simply by eating too much – if only that was the case. Sure it is a contributing factor, but there are many reasons why you can put on weight and one of the biggest issues is stress. As most of us lead a fast-paced life, it certainly is a weight loss hurdle that is hard to avoid.
Basically when you are stressed, your body produces stress-response hormones to help you ‘cope’. However the presence of these hormones, adrenaline and cortisol, changes your entire body chemistry and this negatively impacts on your weight. If you are always stressed, you would be producing cortisol constantly and this leads to weight gain due to the impact it has on the following:
- Metabolism– Too much cortisol in your system can slow your metabolism, causing more weight gain than you would normally experience. This also makes trying to lose weight more difficult.
- Blood Sugar– Prolonged stress can alter your blood sugar levels, causing mood swings, fatigue, and conditions like hyperglycemia. Too much cortisol has even been linked to Syndrome X, which is a pre-cursor to the onset of diabetes.
- Cravings– People experiencing chronic stress tend to crave more fatty and sugary foods, simply because of the rapid changes in blood sugar levels. These foods are typically less healthy and lead to increased weight gain.
- Fat Storage– Excessive stress even affects where we tend to store fat. Higher levels of cortisol causes an increase in abdominal fat and this type of fat storage is associated with greater health risks when compared to fat stored in other areas of the body.
The Natural Way’s holistic approach to weight loss and health care means that we have always known that excessive stress levels can be disastrous to your weight loss results, hence the reason why we include our B+ Zinc & Passiflora (B+) in the weight loss range. Our all-natural B+ formulation helps to support & calm your nervous system allowing your body to lose weight no matters how hectic (or less hectic) your lifestyle is!
We strongly recommend taking these four essential formulations in times (like we have today) of added stress and attack on our immune system.
- Formulation B+ Zinc & Passiflora. – you STRESS formulation
- Formulation C-1000 – your antioxidant – immune booster
- Formulation D – fights infection, prevents colds and flu
- Olive Leaf Extract – Powerful anti oxidant, provides relief from post viral fatigue
Call your nearest Clinic on 1300 754 663 (1300SLIMMER) or your mail Order Consultant on 0458 754 663, for more information.